December 4 poetry reading in New Orleans

Photo by Dennis Formento

Tonight, I read at the Maple Leaf Bar in New Orleans, a venue where poets have read for many decades. I read several poems from The Last Time I Saw You, my chapbook that's a memoir of/tribute to the late New Orleans photographer and art critic D. Eric Bookhardt (who used to live near the Maple Leaf).   

I also read a few poems from a forthcoming chapbook, about which I'll have much more to say in a few days. 

The other featured readers were my fellow Northshore poets, Maggie Sorrells and Dennis Formento. Our performances were followed by an open reading (and singing).

I hadn't been to the Maple Leaf in decades, though I was there the night that it opened for business in 1974.

Maple Leaf Bar patio (photo by Diane Elayne Dees)

Comments