Poets in the Pandemic interview

"I was always reading. When I was very little, I read the Little Golden Books; I think we all did— people my age, anyway. I liked the Pippy Longstocking series, Nancy Drew and Robert Paul Smith, but my very favourite were the Mary Poppins books."

I was recently very fortunate to be interviewed by poet Lisa Mary Armstrong for her "Poets in the Pandemic" series. We chatted about everything from my childhood reading habits to how I got into poetry writing to who my favorite writers are, and advice I have for aspiring writers/poets. The piece also includes one of my poems, "Billie Jean King's Glasses," and a favorite poem of mine, which happens to be a song lyric.

It was a real pleasure, doing the interview, and you can read it here.  

"He said 'Form is a stand-in for inspiration' and I really liked that, and have discovered it to be totally true. When you’re forced into that box, it forces another part of your brain to start working."

Comments

  1. Fascinating. There are a number of pandemic anthologies. I have a sequence in my newest collection FLIGHT accepted by wordpoetrypress.com

    Nancy Shiffrin
    www.NancyShiffrin.net

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't even know how many pandemic poems I've written--a lot! It was the same with Katrina and the BP oil spill. You have to do something, so you write.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment